Gary Vee is an entrepreneur, author, speaker and internet personality. First known as a wine critic who grew his family’s wine business from $3 million to $60 million, he is best known for his work in digital marketing and social media, leading New York-based companies VaynerMedia and VaynerX.
Some of the Make Events team headed to his talk in London last month and here are a few things they learnt…
1. You need to create a constant level of excitement and energy across your social platforms. To create momentum for your brand you need to be across all platforms with the same amount of enthusiasm to build your brand.
2. Improve every day and do more than you did the day before. If you fail, learn from it, write notes on what happened and build your knowledge from them.
3. Never outsource your weaknesses. Learn yourself to be in the most powerful position.
4. Dominate in your area first. Build credibility in a small area before you try to take over the world.
5. Video, video, video. Try to film as much as possible as it encompasses spoken word, video and audio. You can then break up the content to use it for every medium; a podcast and a blog post for example.
6. Don’t try and be an influencer. Bring value. You need a reason for someone to keep coming back to your online content, don’t try to copy others, bring your own ideas to the table and an audience will follow.
7. Don’t stop when you’re tired, stop when it’s done.
Make Events are the go-to corporate events agency for the North’s household names. Whether you want to educate, motivate or celebrate, we will create the ultimate experience